Up/down rate if App running

drpiety

I think I have wuite a nice Idea for regulating bandwidth and I am curious if you like it.

What about utorrent checking for a process running and regulating the speed as long as its up.

For example if you run firefox utorrent could go down with up/down speed.

What about adding this to network options/bandwidth limiting ?

I don't think it's µTorrent's responsibility to think for you. If you know you're going to be using the internet a lot for surfing, you can just go down to the status bar and limit the bandwidth manually. All these other ideas to get µTorrent to limit bandwidth for you were useless, and this one fits the mold.

No, I do not think so. Utorrent is allready built up to convenience and such a feature would truly be an intelligent one. Think of the sheduler that is quite unique. It was discussed that theres no way easy way to check the traffic and bandwidth, checking a process running would be damn easy. It was discussed in the mold as you call it, that Cfosspeed does the trick. I envy those for whom it works as I have a seldom bad luck that for me it will not. I discussed it with the devs, my ISP does not send the data slower if the bandwidth is high it discards them not altering the cfosspeed ping.

So for all people who cant make cfos working or do not want to buy that great program the "process checking" feature would be really great.

Archived