Weird Problem w/ uTorrent 1.6.1 - disappearing downloads/corrupt files

devlin0208

First off, I apologize if this has been addressed previously. I searched the forum and didn't see my problem and Googled and found nothing similar. I also posted my questions about this elsewhere, but no one had an answer.

I use and love UTorrent 1.6.1, but every once in a while I will

download an audio torrent and when the download shows it is complete, some or all of the files will be corrupt and the entire download will be very small - in

a recent instance, 391 KB, rather than 950 MB as it cd download should be.

UTorrent will show that the download is 100%, but it is not. When I

test the files with Trader's Little Helper, it says the files don't exist. With this, I usually just redownload the .torrent file and missing/corrupt files to another folder and merge them together once I have everything complete.

This happened twice again in the past couple of days when downloading DVDs. My share ratio at the site correspondingly showed the reduction due to the download, but the DVD should have been 3.1 GB, but the folder is only 52 Kb. This is after downloading at extremely rapid speed for a couple of hours, then displaying 100% in UTorrent, and then uploading from the completed download. The folder that everything should have downloaded to has all the .VOB, .IFO, and .BUP files, and looks exactly like you would expect, except the file sizes are nil, and checking the properties of the folder show the file size to be 0.

I have tried searching for the missing files elsewhere on my computer, but they are nowhere to be found. When I right click on the corresponding line for the torrent in UTorrent, and "open containing folder", it confirms that I have downloaeded to the correct folder.

(computer specs - Win XP Home Edition 2002 Service Pack 2 | 1 GB memory | Pentium 4 3 Ghz).

Overall I am 99.999% satisfied with UTorrent, but am truely baffled as to what the cause and solution to this problem could be. I am semi-computer literate, but this has me stumped.

Thanks for reading, and for any help, AND for the great product!

Thanks, but I have no hardware damage, spyware/virus or bad torrent problems to my knowledge. All torrents except for a handful work flawlessly, the computer works fine and is regularly scanned for viruses and spyware, and I only frequent a few sites so I'm not prone to spyware or viruses.

Archived