wireless router problem...

diehard45

near the end of my download, my internet kept going on and off. it still does, and i think i read about uTorrent having a bug that can screw with your wireless router. i've deleted uTorrent off my computer cause i dont need it anymore. if any1 can help me that'd be great. cause i rally dont wanna buy another wireless router...

All torrent programs (not just uTorrent) stress routers due to the large number of connections they use (TCP and UDP packets). If you bought a cheap router that couldn't handle the load, then that's where the problem lies. And running the torrents over the wireless connection can stress it even more. I've been heavily running torrents for several years over a wireless router with no problems. If you've actually found a bug that is in uTorrent (and not in any of the hardware components of your network, the firmware they use, or your operating system), then give details of what it is exactly, the version of uTorrent you are using, and the various hardware/softare(or firmware) components that make up your local network. No one can help you if you don't give specifics.

Hi everyone. I have a 1701 HG Gateway 2WIRES router. I have set up the port forwarding fine and it says it is working properly. The problem I have is that when downloading files off of utorrent about every 30 seconds or so I lose my broadband link and then it will reconnect and do that same thing over after another 30 seconds give or take and repeat the problem again thus resulting me in extreamly long download times. I have added utorrent to my mcafee 2007 10-1 security suite and to my routers firewall as well. Any suggestions would be great, and thanks Guys/Ladies for your future replies. Ex

im using the lastest version of uTorrent. im using a Linksys WRT54G wireless router. im also using a laptop as a internet gateway from the router to the computer that had uTorrent on it. the connection to the laptop is wireless, then a Ethernet cable from the laptop to the desktop. my ISP has worked fine until the final hour or two of downloading and it continues. that's all i really know at the moment. please help me if you can.

The gist of the link is that either you can 1) turn your router off, then on, to clear your saved connections (quick fix, will have to repeat); 2) upgrade your firmware if applicable (long term fix); 3) use an alternative third party firmware if applicable (long term fix). That 5-Day connection cache is a killer.

Hi everyone. I have a 1701 HG Gateway 2WIRES router. I have set up the port forwarding fine and it says it is working properly. The problem I have is that when downloading files off of utorrent about every 30 seconds or so I lose my broadband link and then it will reconnect and do that same thing over after another 30 seconds give or take and repeat the problem again thus resulting me in extreamly long download times. I have added utorrent to my mcafee 2007 10-1 security suite and to my routers firewall as well. Any suggestions would be great, and thanks Guys/Ladies for your future replies. Ex

Any Ideas People??? reply with my name so I kno your addressing it to me please.

Archived