no green icon

bradley02

I entered the port ,following the directions on the port forwarding page and I still cant get a green icon.PLEASE HELP ,I am about to give up .TIRED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that you won't get a green icon immediately...

A red icon shows if you can't open connections at all...

A yellow icon shows if you have at least 1 outgoing connection active... tracker communication is usually enough to get to yellow.

A green icon shows if you have at least 1 incoming connection active...

Having a yellow icon doesn't necessarily mean you're not connectable, just that you have no incoming connections open at that particular moment. If your icon goes back and forth from green to yellow from time to time, that's ok. If you never, ever, see green, however, and you have been active on a couple torrents for a long time, then that may be a problem.

If the never-ever green is the case, then get back to us.

-- Smoovious

Belkin routers are sadly known for not being able to handle more than 60 connections (counting connection ATTEMPTS!) at once. µTorrent's default settings and settings for most broadband speeds swamp them and cause all kinds of weird problems.

With them, you have to lower both global and per-torrent max connections to 60 at most. And also reduce half open connection max in advanced settings typically to 4 or less.

Archived