false positives for cheating

lutheradon

Hi all,

I have a really aggravating issue: I have been booted from a private tracker site for cheating and I did not. I am using utorrent 1.6 and the private tracker site has not provided me with any further data. I never tampered with utorrent in any way. They just say I was banned for "cheating" nothing further given. I am shut out of the forum and emails are not being returned so I cannot get any further information. Said computer has some trojans which I am dealing with, I have found and quarantined win32:vbstat-c and win32:vanbot-as. I may just blow the thing away but in the mean time I want the tv shows that only another private site like this one can provide me reliable access. This computer has about the same applications installed as my laptop which I used for dling and uling but it seemed to have never triggered a cheating notice so I am really puzzled.

Is there anything that could give false positives for cheating? My ratio was not great and I was just in the process of seeding alot to get it better. I have a host of security software on the computer as I am learning about IT security including the onion router, sandboxie, and have done alot to try to clean out the malware including rootkit revealers, spyware detectors and antivirus. I also have run hijackthis and vundofix recently.

Thanks alot for reading this and your feedback is appreciated :)

If you were seeding from more than one IP address, it's possible the site banned you. Some sites do this a precaution in case torrent files are leaked to public trackers.

It would be possible, though unusual, for this to be included under the "cheating" umbrella.

I have all but confirmed that the site did not ban me for seeding from more than one IP address. Also I don't think it could have been the Onion Router anyhow as it slows down speeds so greatly that I would have gotten terrible dl and ul numbers. But, I cannot confirm because the site that banned me is not responding to any of my emails. Any other ideas?

> We don't support or endorse the use of Tor with uTorrent.

Why is this? I've received this response in another thread when requesting a feature - obviously, the use of TOR for peer-to-peer data transfers is irresponsible and an abuse of the network, but what's wrong with using TOR for client-to-tracker communication? It's a lot less bandwidth intensive than surfing the net.

Archived