Forced Start doesn't work with Limited Scheduler

Drusenija

I've got uTorrent set up to limit my download speed to something like 10Kb/s during the day at the moment, however I wanted to download something quickly during that time, so I force-started it, expecting it to break the speed limit. It didn't though, it was stuck at that 10Kb/s.

I know that force-start works when you have used the scheduler to turn off your downloads, but does it/should it work when you've limited your speed?

I've found another post asking a similar question, but no real answer was given to it:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=11774

Can anyone offer some insight into whether I'm doing something wrong, or whether this is just uTorrent's behaviour?

Thanks for the feedback ^_^ Next question then, if I want to limit my download speed during the day, but then manually set a torrent to break it for some reason (usually if I'm say 100mb away from finishing a download, I just let it use full speed), do I just set the limits for it manually? (Looks like specifying zero for no limit in this case makes it use the default speed, which during the day is the limited speed).

Fair enough; thanks for the feedback Ultima. I suppose my other alternative is just to use it the same way I used to use Azureus; put the scheduler into seeding mode, then force download anything I want to do during the day.

Regardless though, thanks for the quick response ^^ At least I know it's not just something I'm doing wrong now!

Archived