Graveyard of Resurrection

brokenToy

Torrent Resurrection

I'm making this suggestion because often I would like to help out torrents I've downloaded in the past if it in danger of being lost, but I don't wish to seed indefinatly.

Once a torrent has finished downloading you should be able to put them in a graveyard rather than removing them. Once in the graveyard the torrents are occasionally (once an hour?) checked for the number of seeds. Should the seed number drop below n (where n is 2 by default), the uTorrent should ask whether you wish to start seeding again to help save the torrent.

Just stop the torrents and leave them in the list... don't remove them.

Though, it WOULD be nice if it was possible to scrape for seeds and peers count when the torrent is status, "error: files missing....etc".

Well I find that having dozens of dead torrent in the main torrent area rather cluttering. I prefer to remove them once I have finished seeding. However now and again I would like the option to be kept informed as to torrents that I would like to rescue should they be in danger of dying.

I fail to see why this would have to be in the main downloading area, in fact I think it deserves an area because of the sheer number of torrent that have died to due the initial enthusiasim for them subsiding. It would certain help to curb all those calls to reseed.

It would be nice if we could remove torrents, then when we decide to re-add that same torrent, utorrent would remember the statistics on it (uploaded and downloaded total, etc). But i'm guessing that will take up unneccessary space. :)

Archived