so i came up with this idea...

jerico2day

Ok, so I was thinking, the stuff that I download, it's generally not uploading constantly, on average I would guess maybe a few times a day this or that file will begin uploading, so I like to keep a lot of torrents going.

Now I know this is bad because this severely cuts down on the amount of bandwidth left to upload. I know it's substantial because when downloading, if I pause all my seeding torrents my download rate increases quite a bit.

So what if there were some type of background rotating of torrents being processed? Say, I have 20 torrents. I want to seed 5 at any one time, every 10 minutes that a torrent is inactive, the program will place it on inactive and activate the next torrent in line.. if it begins uploading, great, if it stops, after ten minutes it gets deactivated and the next torrent is selected for uploading.

Crap idea?

I didn't place this in feature requests as it's only an idea, not a feature I want to see unless it's one of those rare good ideas:P

On my nearly dead seeding torrents, I often set their upload slots manually to only 1.

Also, there's 2 advanced settings that don't count "dead" torrents against your max active torrent limit. 1 is for slow-downloading, the other for slow-uploading.

and if your downloads are going faster when you stop seeding, then cap your upstream to ~80% of your capacity.

There is a seeding queue already... if you haven't noticed it by now, you're probably doing things that are preventing it from doing its job.

-- Smoovious

Archived