"Test if port is forwarded properly"

johnyeel

Hello All,

Tried to make my system connectible, but when clicked on the button "Test if port is forwarded properly" in uTorrent 1.6.1, nothing happens. I have uninstall uTorrent, and reinstalled it, yet can't perform this test.

Just for info: I have set up my static IP and followed all that were shown in the portforwarding tutorial.

Just need now the ability to perform this test.

Please help.

Regards,

j

DreadWingKnight,

Thanks for the lead. Searched and found the following: "Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults > Custom > Choose a default Web browser:

Select your browser, and check the "Enable access to this program" checkbox."

Since I am using FireFox, the option "Use my current Web browser" has already been selected. Yet it's not working.

Then I tried to select IE, that works; but, now, even with a previously working/connected port number, I am still not connected. I've tried 4 other port numbers (all outside of the restricted ports), and yet still can't get connected.

Whatelse can I do at this point?

Please help.

Thanks,

J

• 11 months later...

This was happening to me as well and i use firefox too.Mine also said "Use my current web browser" and wasn't working.

I changed it to Firefox and it worked great.So make sure you change it to firefox for you default web browser and it should work again.Hope that helps.

Archived