Using ip ranges as country lookup, strange IP resolve result?

sturkimov

I'm not entirely clear about how do activate the "Resolve countries using ip->country online database" feature. Does anybody know how you do this? Also, does this require resolving IPs?

Secondly I'm getting some really strange DNS results, stuff like "HOME" and so on (nslookup doesn't have anything on "HOME" and like).

1) I found the option, heh, didn't spot it before now. However, this one doesn't seem to work, unless you resolve the IPs? I'm thinking that since it uses IP ranges, resolving IPs doesn't matter (to me).

2) I'm not trying to do anything. If I have "Resolve IPs" in the "Peers" window, I sometimes get some really strange results, like HOME. The value does not come from the DNS cache from what I know (checked with nslookup), and I don't have anything in HOSTS other than 127.0.0.1 localhost.

1) Well, my point is that since I want to use IP ranges as "flag icon lookup", then I shouldn't need to resolve the IPs, which I have to do, else there won't be any fluffy flags. However, it belongs in the nitpicking department, I admit :).

2) But the really strange thing is, that I can't resolve the IP to "HOME" and like (I got a new one today, NES-TP3VRD5UDE2), and I can't resolve "HOME" to any IP unless I'm on the same computer which runs uTorrent.

Is it possible, that if uTorrent can't resolve the IP, that it then asks the client what name it should use (ie. the client turns into a NS too)? The client then says, use my computername?

Archived