tcpip.sys error

enriad

hi I've been using utorrent for awhile now and had no problems with it recently I updated it to 1.2

after sometime my pc started to restart and now I'm getting a blue screen after a while I start utorrent saying that windows is shutdown to prevent damage.. it's error message is about tcpip.sys and as far as I know that's a sys file about internet connection.

After I restart my computer outpost pro starts to send an error report about the lock up and tcip.sys file

can anyone help me about this problem

(I'm using zoomx4 and the ports utorrent use are both open on zoom and outpost pro)

thanks in advance

(I wrote the name wrong at the former post sorry)

.. it's error message is about tcpip.sys and as far as I know that's a sys file about internet connection.

You're right...tcpip.sys is about the network connectons. As a matter of fact it's the file that was crippled by M$ in servicepack2. (just another reason why I stick with W2K)

I suggest, if possible, to exchange that file against one from the original XP Disc.

As well I've heard about a patchprogram that is suppose to circumvent the crippling settings.

Strange is just that your comp crashes rather than spitting out an error message about too many open connections

So check your µtorrent settings against the recommendations on this board

Plus I would (just to make sure) check my Layered Service Providers (just google for LSP-fix)

-DG

Archived