Getting hammered by UDP requests

Mystiqq

I dont get this often but sometimes i do. Yesterday i my connection started to really slow down and today is pretty much the same thing. For some reason im getting overwhelming amount of UDP connections from million different ips to my utorrent port. I changed the port and im still getting them. In 20 minutes, ive received over 30k UDP requests which were blocked by my firewall (Outpost).

Any suggestions how to avoid this in the future or how to stop it?

Outpost goes crazy when it comes to UDP. Switching to a firewall would probably work better.

Anyway, there's not really much you can do. Those hits come from DHT, and even if you close the client, your IP and port stay floating around for a long time.

I dont see how changing the firewall is going to make this go away. Its not the firewall thats lagging the network. Looks like ill disable DHT from now on unless theres a need for it. The idea behind it is good but looks like it needs some work. Basically everyone is hammering everyone, its a mass "suicide". :)

Its been quite awhile and theres still tons of UDP connections to the old utorrent port. If theres a need for decentralized network like DHT for torrent, perhaps they should look at how they did it Emule (KAD). At least i can use it without getting million hits for days after use.

Over and out. :)

Archived