uTorrent slowing down network

MrOreo

It appears as though if I leave uTorrent running for a while, that web browsing starts deteriorating. I have an 8Mb line, and I have limited both download and upload speeds. I have tried using 50% of my total up and down speeds, and then browsing the internet and sometimes it takes up to 60 seconds to get a web page. With 4Mb of download stream available it shouldn't take more than a few seconds to load any particular page. What could be the problem, and what could be a solution?

I have gone completely through your link, and all the tutorial/setting information. My uTorrent is completely setup. It has been working great with high speeds, I've limited my uploads correctly doing all the math calculations, there isn't much more I can think of.

P.S. Still slowing down network for 60 second load times, on both computers.

I've done that as well unfortunately. Using a DGL-4300 D-Link Gaming Router. Bran new Motorolla SurfBoard modem, --ps this is not a router modem combination.

Those are the two windows. If you see anything please tell me.

connections2.jpg

connections.jpg

154358803.png

Currently there is no set, With my speed test as you can see, I should be able to handle, at half capacity of 500 KB/s not Kb.. KB/s. I rarely get up that high so even if I did get that high, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think you mean who, but it's comcast cable, as you can see at the bottom of the speed test.

By the way if anyone knows of a way I'd like to know how to do this. I want to know if it is possible to set a master bandwidth for my computer. I want to only take up half of the bandwidth max, and have my other computer receive half bandwidth no matter what.

Also I don't know much about this but someone was telling me about having another gateway added to the house for the other computer. What in the world would that do?

your speeds were higher than going through your isp? I think that is what you are trying to say. I do not know if comcast has a speed utility. Although I have tested my internet speed through various online test programs and they all say around 8 Mb/s.

As a test, i am downloading currently at about 220KB/s and uploading at 80KB/s. It took a total of 14.813s to get to this web page http://www.gamingmoments.net/2007/jack-thompson-nuts-it-would-seem-so/ . At first it took 25 seconds, but on the refresh it was only 14.813s. I will keep testing and I believe this is proof that something is wrong.

New stats while downloading.

154383654.png

Um... no. Look at my earlier speed post. That was today! Ok here is with some more trial and error, I bumped my max connections down to 400, and that made the latency about 100ms better, still not a great latency. Then I decided to put my max upload speed down to 60KB/s, and here are the results.

These results are still while downloading at 300KB/s now, and uploading at 60KB/s.

154387433.png

Archived