utorrent Blue screen of Death on XP SP2

quickhelpneeded

Hi guys,

Sorry for posting up yet another BSOD topic, but I have searched the forums and not found a solution to my problem.

Basically, I have been running utorrent for ages and it has never given me any problems. Infact, I can't remember the last time my PC gave me a BSOD... its a very stable system. Now though, since the last 24 hours or so, whenever I run utorrent, after about a minute or two the system freezes, I hear the hard drive make a repetitve writing/reading sound, and then the BSOD appears.

The message (well the important bits anyway) I am getting is this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical Information:

Stop: 0x0000007A (0xC03E26B0, 0XC0000185, 0XF89ACDAD, 0X102A5860)

Ntfs.sys - Address F89ACDAD base at F895700, Datestamp 41107eea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing that has changed recently is that I have never had so many torrents listed at one time before (currently about 80).

I have tried system restore and also upgrading to the latest version of utorrent, but to avail.

Please help guys!

I recently had a power supply die that before finally biting the dust would cause hard drive errors by not supplying a stable 12v DC line to the drive and/or system.

In my case it was unreliable HD writes that corrupted files which did not show up until the system was rebooted.

Replacement of the power supply cured the problem. This, however, may not apply to your situation.

Archived