TOR and utorrent (i know i know, but still)

oliotb

i read that tor network is not designed for p2p, but for me it works,, kinda. current down is about ~ 700kB/s, so speed is not the issue. the dns request is what makes the good speed irrelevant since its not anonymous enough.

so, is there a way to anonym the dns requests somehow?

if not, that would mean that p2p can never be anonymous??

its more the theory. the only argument i read so far to NOT use TOR for p2p is due to a lack of bandwith availability which results in a slow network and slow speeds.

this, as seen in my post above, is not true, since my constant speeds over the tor network are pretty high.

i could dedicate a tor server to contra the "rudeness", i just want to know if anymous p2ping is possible.....in any way

BitTorrent connects your client to TRACKERS which have to track your ip. Even when going through a proxy, sometimes your real ip is reported via mistakes in the BitTorrent program going by your WAN ip instead of the proxy ip. You'll see incoming connections from various ips hitting your router on µTorrent's listening port instead of just the proxy's ip if that's the case.

TCP/IP based file sharing is by its nature open. Almost everyone knows everyone else's ip.

Why not try stealthnet or the upcoming randpeer engine? TOR is not working really well, and it can't be trusted much more than newer tech.

By the way, people should really stop nagging about bandwidth use, the world's upstream speeds are growing fast. The net sees around 1000 new fiber-connected users each day now. They have 10 to 100 Mbit/s upstream to the backbones, and often even 1 Gbit/s on local fiberrings.

Archived