Running? Can't stop or delete!!

DWtsn

I downloaded and ran utorrent one time. It hung-up and I went to a different program. That was weeks ago. I recently noticed that utorrent was running "in the background" when I looked at my firewall (ZA) and when I brought up the task manager (using Vista).

I tried to "End Process" with no luck. I read through some other forums to find out the uninstall was a simple deletion of the utorrent.exe file. But when I attempted to do this, I was given "You need permission to perform this action."

Any idea how I can remove utorrent so I can start over? Is this a Vista security issue, in that it has commandeered my computer and it's deciding what I should and should not delete :-) ? Damn Microsoft!!!!!

Oh, when I do try to run utorrent, it gives me "it seems like utorrent is already running but not responding. Please close all utorrent and try again."

That's my dilemma. Thanks for your help.

DWtsn

Firon, Sir,

I am usually not a complete IDIOT, however, today I seem to be. I consider myself a rather computer-literate individual, until today. I am amazed that I have not rebooted my computer in WEEKS. That being said, I did a simple reboot, and YES, I was able to delete utorrent. I bow to your wisdom :-) LOL. Thanks for the info. You can consider this topic closed, and me computer illiterate :-)

Archived