Disk OverLoad

gkv311

I have problems with using mTorrent at work.

Any time I start new download, it go to "Disk Overload" and NOTHING will write to disk, before I click pause (after minutes).

Here is speed very much - like 4-8 MB per second (internal use), but less then Hard Drive speed ;-) ...

Interesting, that mTorrent never stop download into memory!!! Cause file are 4,5GB - this more then available memory for 32bit-systems and mTorrent crash (when go to those limitations; if I don't pause it) and NOTHING saving...

Sure, I never have those problems at home with my own Windows and little speeds...

mTorrent v.1.7.2 used as well. No any paches or langueges - just english.

//Antivirus is disabled; I tried to close any others programs;

Did you run Speed Guide (CTRL+G) to configure µTorrent to match your connection's upload speed?

For what? At those moments NO any uploads. Otherwise, I try set speeds less then it does.

I tryed to set bandwide limit - and it simply don't take effect.

The hard drive has to read and write depending on whether it's uploading or downloading. Even though technically it could access faster than it is (probably by far), because it's having to do both at once the sustainable speed may be 1/10th or less of its max.

It is right, but I think not write/read speeds limitations, but access delays will go mTorrent to infinity writing to Memory -> than to PageFile (when it write to PageFile - HDD never accessed again - it's LOOP!!!) -> and than exaxtly crash ;-)

One time I run from pause - it go normal (write to HDD), but it can go to infinity any time - every 3-4% or not up to the end. So, any time I downloading - I need to check full process and manually take pause, when Disk OverLoad.

Program need correct working with memory for hight speeds. It's not good to freeze system work only for that, than ofter it crash...

Archived