Port Checker problem...

burf

Sometimes, when I start uT, I check to see if the port is open.

The past few days, the webpage is saying it can't see me... yet, I'm getting the green arrow, and having no problems with uT.

The Port Checker ip WAS in ipfilter.dat, so I removed the whole range.

Still nothing.

I disabled ipfilter.dat... still nothing.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks for any help!

BTW ipfilter.dat would not prevent portchecker connection =) µTorrent seems just drops connection *after* it was established, so -

* utorrent would report the portchcker ip in the log as "blocked peer"

* portchecker would report "OK! Port XXXX is open and accepting connections."

The only reason I mentioned ipfilter.dat, is because this is the msg on the page:

"Error! Port 56787 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5)."

As I said, normally, I've gotten the Port is OK msg, but the last few days, I don't.

So, I'm wondering' what's up? I get the green arrow, and nothing's changed on my side.

I know the port is open, and I don't use Peer Guardian.

Thanks!

Later... I did a bit of searching, & some others are having this problem, too.

http://tinyurl.com/2d7bod

August 12th... it's back working today. Strange ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Having same problem with Port Checker -- however it looks like that program is running from a different IP address.

Initially get:

Error! Port 27622 does not appear to be open.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs.....

Checked PeerGuardian and 72.20.34.145 is allowed. However, the site that is being rejected as Port Checker runs is BitTorrent 72.20.4.102:57632. If I allow this address I get the OK everything fine message from the Port Checker.

Either there is something wrong with Port Checker or it is requesting that the wrong address be allowed.

Could somebody please clarify

Thx

Archived