Unable to map UPnP port.

erenito

I was downloading a file, it was at about 40%, I switched off the computer, then when i turn it back on and start utorrent i get an error message, and the download jumped to 26%. i have a slow connection and it took forever for it to get to 40% (its 3.61g) so im pretty pissed.

clipkw6.jpg

hello there

maybe you had instead of a single port you had set it too randomize each time utorrent starts,

id try and figure out if you had set that too one single port which you assigned ,or ,allowed it too randomize

go too your port section where you see the port you allow and uncheck that section , that says randomize, , but only if you allowed that single port that would have changed if you restarted utorrent

You say when you started uTorrent you got an error message, do you remember what it was? The only thing that might make the file completion status go down to 26% from 40% is that some file corruption took place and it failed the hash check on restarting. Were the files modified in any way at all? Maybe the system crashed and restarted while downloading?

The UPnP error is not related to the other problem IMO. Since the system crashed, possibly the pieces hadn't been written to disk yet (or got corrupted) and thus you lost that 14%.

If you've unchecked the Randomize Port option and forwarded one specific port, then maybe you can uncheck the Enable UPnP Port Mapping option and see whether you get the error every time uTorrent starts up. Do you?

Archived