uTorrent Problems

rpeters1428

I have Windows Vista first of all. I downloaded and was working with uTorrent's 1.7.2 version just fine and then joined a private tracker and they told me to move down to 1.6.1. I tried to do that and figured out that utorrent.exe was one of my processes and so I went through the Task Manager and tried to end the process of utorrent.exe but it won't end. Every time I load Windows it is a process and won't go away. When I double click from the desktop to load up utorrent nothing will come up. The only thing I can think of is that the program is hijacked and have tried many tools to end the process of utorrent but it won't work. The next thing I tried was to go into an uninstall program to uninstall the program so I went into Revo Uninstaller and uTorrent was not shown as a program. When I try to end the process it tells me that the Access is denied for me to do that. I am an administrator and have been for years now. I would be very happy to be able to end the process of uTorrent and then to uninstall it.

Thank you

I tried to download torrents from the tracker and it would give me an error every time I tried to download the torrents (red arrow) so I went into their forum and it said to downgrade to 1.6.1 for some reason I couldn't tell you. From the post, the individual stated that the tracker was having announce bugs with 1.7.x so they wanted us to downgrade to 1.6.1.490.

Archived