Is this speed is right?

refaelsh

lol, getting 150% of what you're giving and still unhappy? :D

Get some real internet connection with some real upload or get used to such downloads, because this is perfectly normal. Don't expect to be spoiled by overseeded swarms every time, and if you do - don't take such behaviour as a given...

lol, getting 150% of what you're giving and still unhappy? ---> I always seed my downloads until ratio reaches 1.0 and only then I go on and start another download.

Get some real internet connection with some real upload ---> I wish I could... I don't have the money, and would not have it for the next few month...

because this is perfectly normal ---> It is not. A few hours ago I downloaded a torrent which had a few thousand (!) seeds. The average speed was 180 kB/s.

I always seed my downloads until ratio reaches 1.0 and only then I go on and start another download

That's nice and we do appreciate it, but... the truth is torrent is tit-for-tat based protocol and you can get the best downloads only if you upload a lot simultaneously. If not then... well, reality can be harsh.

I wish I could... I don't have the money, and would not have it for the next few month...

All I wanted to say here is to be more careful when choosing the provider. Some users don't look at the upload parameter, they only desire large pipe to download and when they begin using torrent they wonder how can it be that their download isn't maxed out.

because this is perfectly normal ---> It is not. A few hours ago I downloaded a torrent which had a few thousand (!) seeds. The average speed was 180 kB/s.

Geez. That's manual example of overseeded torrent. And a real monster one. I'll repeat: don't expect to be spoiled by overseeded swarms everytime. For example, right now I'm downloading 1 torrent, 21 seeds, 13 peers - avg download 50kB/s, avg upload 47kB/s. It's normal.

That's nice and we do appreciate it, but... the truth is torrent is tit-for-tat based protocol and you can get the best downloads only if you upload a lot simultaneously. If not then... well, reality can be harsh. ---> After I read this, I googled a bit for how the bittorent algorithm works, and you are right, it is tit-fotr-tat. The bigger my upload the better. Thank you very much for making me google it :-) Now I will upgrade my ISP plan for a better upload speed (as soon as I get the money anyway).

P.S.

I still think that 10.4 kB/s is too slow for a torrent with that amount of seeds and peers.

My guess is (after reading how the bitttorent protocol works) it should some where around 30kB/s for such a torrent.

Archived