I am having red icon but i am able to dload...but i still need help.

faisal.qureshi

Hi,

I my cable operator has just allowed me to use torrent via PPPoE (point to point over Ethernet) and i am using µtorrent1.6.1.... the problem is that i am able to dload from registered trackers meaning I am able to dload torrent files from those website on which i am registered (demonid.com)with torrent icon is blue and maximum numbers of peers as listed on the respective site... but I can't seem to dload open torrent(mutitracker torrents) files(from those site which doesn't require registration to dload a torrent such as torrent portal, BTmon etc)... the torrent icon is always red ... and no dloading what so ever... some times they get started but not more 1 or 2 seeders when i know that actual number of seeders are 50+...

The main icon of µtorrent is most of the time red or yellow but it never turns green ( it was alway green when i was on dial up)...

I am able to download/utilize my allowed bandwidth BUT i can't seem to dload open torrents.... so what could be the problem.... need help.

P.S. I love 1.6.1 version to plz don't make this about changing to latest one or tell me that its due to older version...because its been 5 day since i have got my cable connection back...and all of my open torrents were running fine on dialup with blue icon and maximum number of seeder available.

I knew u ppl were gonna say that..... none the less i have upgraded to 1.7.2 build 34... something..... BUT still having the same problem... i don't think its any setting problem with in µtorrent... because private trackers are working fine.... i just can't dload open torrents... so now can i get any help/opinion???

98% of the time the tracker status says "Connection closed by peer".... some times " timed out" but upon updating the tracker status it again goes to "Connection closed by peer" and stays that way...

yes the "open office torrents" are behaving the same as above....

DHT status is always :waiting to log on.... and after that DHT status: 0 nodes(log in)....so?

Archived