Still unable to download....

Kiwigirl

Ok this is the last time I'll try to post for help, then I guess I'll try another client.

Since I moved (new appartment) I have been unable to download, even though others seem to be able to upload from me. The torrent I currently have running shows peers and seeders in the 2k range, but none of them ever connnect to me.

I followed the instructions exactly to forwards a port on my Linksys BEFSR41, yet I still have the yellow triangle at the bottom, and when I test it, it says the port is not open. I quadruple checked all settings, made sure it was forwarded to the correct IP and everything. I have also set the Windows Firewall to allow uTorrent.

I've noticed a couple people mention that maybe I also have to open a port on my modem? which is separate from my router, so I'm not really sure how to do that.

Please help, I used to love uTorrent

Ok, let me double check that I'm understanding this right, because I'm obviously way newb at this.

Instead of having the router set to obtain automatically I change it to static, and set an Ip as 192.168.1.2 for example. then set it to forward to that ip and dont even fuss with the DHCP stuff?

what if i have more than one comp attached to the router and want to forward to that?

btw, thanks for the response!

Instead of having the router set to obtain automatically I change it to static

The router itself doesn't get its IP settings changed. The static IPs are required on the COMPUTERS you're forwarding to.

Each computer that you are forwarding to gets a different static IP outside of the router's DHCP range in order to forward successfully.

Ok, so I changed the settings the way that site recommended, restarted my comp and uTorrent and got a green icon. woot! but... then when I closed and reopened uTorrent it turned yellow again... now I'm back to confusion.

thanks again for your help!

Archived