Problem while seeding

Network Status is OK, but when I'm seeding torrents, my upload speed drops from my bandwidth's full speed to 0 - for all my seedeing torrents. There are more than enough leechers, but it just doesn't upload. Than all of a sudden it uploads again and the it stops. The speed graph is zig zag from max. to 0.

It usually goes to 0, when I change the speed graph tab to general tab.

When I shut down the utorrent and run Bittornado it seeds normally.

I isolated the cause for this. I had Options: Network Options: If download speed is less than 200kB/s, limit upload rate to: 20 checked

I had this set because I have 1024/256 and ADSL line and too much upload chocked my download.

Well, this caused the above problem while seeding. Now, that it's turned off, it seeds OK with full upload speed.

Nice to know. And actually, and certain torrents with less interest on private trackers it takes time until peers are gathered and request pieces.. Depends how many people in that community and how many are on this torrent (which is usualy much less then a public-tracker torrent).

The problem here wasn't not having enough leechers. There were plenty of them. The problem was, that the upload stopped being registered while my router still transmitted.

And the above feature didn't work as it should anyway. Even though I had it set to limit upload to 20kb/s, it still uploaded with the global upload speed value.

Archived