Done everything I can, still no green circle

rockon1215

I have the newest version of utorrent 1.7.4

I'm currently using vista Home premium (32x)

I Have a Linksys WRT54GS router, and I installed the alternate firmware as recommended,Thibor, with success.

I followed all the portfoward.com instructions, and port 15133 is fowarded under the name Utor1, as portfoward .com said.

I have Comodo Firewall Pro 3 beta as a firewall, but I is disabled it, thinking that's what was blocking it, but there was no change in speeds. I tried it with just Windows firewall (with port 15133 fowarded under TCP and UDP) and I tried it with no firewall, even the router firewall was turned off, and still no increase in speed.

I'm pretty fustrated as it was working just a few days ago and then suddenly stopped.

Anything left I can do before trying another BitTorrent client?

Linksys routers have specific IP address requirements for port forwarding.

There was a static IP guide that was linked in the portforward.com guide that you may have missed, but it also neglects to mention that IP addresses within the DHCP range of the router won't receive forwards from linksys routers (unless they're UPnP forwards).

Leaving the IP address at obtain automatically won't work (except in advanced firmwares that have a "static DHCP" option)

I'm sure that I have a static connection. When I look under properties for TCP/IPV4 the "Use the following Ip address" and, "Use the following DNS servers" are selected and not the "obtain an IP address automatically option." I was told this meant I have a static connection and not a dynamic one.

Archived