No seeders, 200 peers, how to tell if 100% is available.

mattstan

Hi,

I'm downloading a 4.4 GB torrent, which has no seeders but 205 peers, how can I tell if 100% of the torrent is available from the various peers?

There is quite a lot of information displayed in the 'General', 'Peers', 'Pieces', and 'Files' tabs, might the data of whether 100% of the torrent is available be displayed somewhere in these tabs?

Many thanks.

Thanks guys, you replied within 15 second of each other.

The availability bar is a mixture of red and blue with an associated value on the right of 0.267, see image below.

Does this mean only 26.7 percent is available?

uTorrent_Capture_28b6ecd963cd64d97428da28f315ca6b.jpg

Many thanks.

--EDIT-- The image is automatically squashed, click the clickable thumb below for the full image:

tn_uTorrent_Capture_28b6ecd963cd64d97428da28f315ca6b.jpg

--END EDIT--

Ok, many thanks. I'll post a message asking for re-seeders.

EDIT -- not allowed to enter 2 posts in a row for some reason. It says to edit the previous post instead, so...

I've not realized that 'Avail.' is also one of the columns in the main torrent list. When I last had 200 peers and no seeders this was on 0.295 but when 1 single seeded joined this was on 1.2 or about that. Can someone explain exactly how this works to me please.

Many thanks.

The availability represents the number of complete copies available from those you are connected to.

If you are connected to one seed, and no peers, this will be 1.0.

Connect to 3 seeds, and it will be 3.0

The extra part of the number comes from how much you can possibly hope to achieve from all connected peers. Sometimes there's enough to only make 0.2 of a complete copy, sometimes there's enough to make more than one complete copy.

If availability is anywhere above 1.0, you have a good chance of completing the download easily.

If it's below 1.0, you may get stuck at xx%, or there may be a super seeder hidden amongst the peers.

If all other peers are stuck at xx% for a long time, then you probably need to make a reseed request.

Archived