Tray icon missing when uTorrent minimized!

defiler

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all,

I discovered this occurs when I download and open a torrentfile with Firefox. When I fill in the target folder etc., start the torrent and minimize the program (which I have configured to minimize to tray), the program disappears. When I start the uTorrent exe again, I can access the program again (same running instance) and then when I minimize everything works fine. I therefore think the problem lies somewhere in the fact that you open the program with the torrentfile as a parameter instead of opening a torrent when the program is already running. It was an issue before, then it got fixed and now it's there again. Not a great heap of trouble, but it's still an annoying bug.

Hope this helps.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

just installed latest beta (build 27430 32-bit) and still have this problem. It happens only the first time it minimizes to tray, then all works fine.

It doesn't depend on "Start uTorrent when Windows starts" and "Start Minimized" options; it happens either when starting from the browser and directly from the exe; I use WinXP SP3.

Hope this is useful.

EDIT

The bug appears only if "Close closes uT to tray" option is checked ALONE; when "Minimize minimizes uT to tray" is checked all works fine.

Archived