Up and Down buttons not working in v1.7.5

Babbit

WinXP Pro w/ SP2

AMD Athlon 64x2

2 GB RAM

uTorrent v1.7.5

Greetings folks,

I just upgraded over the top of v1.7.2 with v1.7.5 (auto upgrade function) and noticed that the Up or Down buttons to reposition or reorder torrents in download window no longer seem to function. Highlighting a torrent and clicking on the buttons does nothing.

I've also tried to reposition a torrent by highlighting it, Right-clicking to open the drop down menu, and then using Move Up and Move Down, but also to no avail.

Did something break in the latest recompile of the code or is it just me?

Many thanks,

Babbit

> Are you sorted by "#"?

No sir. As a matter of fact, the # column was removed from the display area.

== BUT ==

While I was typing this, I just went and turned the # column back on and can see that the number in the # column changes when the buttons are used. This is confusing compared to the way other apps typically work, where the item will actually reposition itself above or below its original (or starting) highlighted position.

Hopefully someone will consider implementing that feature in a future update, because if you turn off the # column, folks like me start asking dumb questions when they don't see the torrent entry actually moving up or down when they click on the Up or Down buttons... ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

The only torrents that can be manually moved around are the ones that are downloading or queued to be downloaded, and that's assuming you've got the list sorted by the # column, select a torrent, then press (Ctrl+Alt+[up/Down] | the relevant toolbar buttons | one of the relevant context menu items for the torrent).

Archived