Can I set up to upload/seed faster than 80kb/s, download speed is good

Chevelle70

I just wanted to see if there is a way of setting utorrent up to upload at faster speeds. It usually stays at 70 to 80 kb/sec while my download speeds vary up to 0.5 meg/sec. Can I change some settings so that I could upload faster and share more, faster? I did click seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks. If someone could help me do this, if possible, I would be quite :-). Thanks.

I will do that as soon as I can. Thanks for your immediate reply; truly appreciated.

I am trying this way; apparently I double posted and cannot undo what I did so I am hoping you get this.

I ran the speed tester as linked from the Speed Guide and the results were 455/82 KB/sec and I now understand your reference to my connection's maximum upload rate. I also ran the tweak test and the results were that I have a good data stream; I was curious.

I fairly often surpass the speed test results, when I download a few at a time and the upload result is right on.

Ultima, I would like to thank you for all; this was my first forum experience and it was excellent.

Keep up the excellent work! Thanks a million.

Just as a heads up, the speed tester is almost never 100% accurate, so it's normal to see the measured speeds being surpassed. Assuming you're doing nothing besides testing, when you're testing, then the results are usually close.

Make sure you've selected the proper upload rate in the Speed Guide in kbps (not kB/s), and everything should be more-or-less fine :)

i've tried loadsa different ways to increase my upload speed no luck -speed test sez around i mps tried alla tips ? could it be my isp or ie7 slowing me down ( i don't like firefox but will use iff better) isp is aol i don't mind the download speed max of around 100 kps but the upload speeds maxes at about 30 and as i'm now seeding 4of 6 i feel i should delete a couple that have loadsa other seeders but of the other seeders none seem to be in there even if i pause no one else comes in so i carry on don't wanna let people down -i'm sorry i suppose yav had this q loadsa times if i cannot increase upload speeds and there are (supposedly) plenty of other seeders would it be ok to delete - make other seeders seed or would they not anyway ?

• 9 months later...

ben130g,

Sounds like you have 1 megabit/second down and 256 kilobits/second (1/4 megabit/second) up.

30 KiloBYTES/second is already extremely close to the absolute theoretical max upload speed if that's really your connection's top speeds.

Archived