Error creating filename

dolbysnoopy

Because most Chinese torrents aren't made as UTF-8, since BitComet makes those torrents in a very STUPID fashion (it uses windows-1252 as the encoding...). Good old BitComet.

Azureus fails on working with them too...

Read my long post about it here. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=25074#p25074

Thanks, any chance I can rename the files before download? It reports error and just stop downloading now, I can change filenames back after finish download.

Have you tried doing a force re-check to see if it picks up the files?

I guess you could load the torrent and try to rename it according to what µTorrent says, but renaming according to a bunch of trash characters isn't exactly easy to do... :|

Yes, tried already. It doesn't download and a red-cross beside the torrent name, no files downloaded or created. What I mean is let utorrent rename the file/path names temporary (like opr0001.ext) so that I can rename backup after download/seed. I can't find a tool to rename the path/files inside torrent files, perhaps the bitcomet torrent creator has bugs.

Ah, I know what you can do. Remove the torrent, turn on pre-allocate, reload it, and start it. Stop the torrent, turn off pre-allocate. That way you can copy and paste the filenames (or try to) from the created ones to the old ones that µTorrent won't read.

You can't rename the stuff in the torrent unfortunately. :/

If you didn't have much data beforehand, it might just be easier to start over. Even if it's a badly made torrent, µTorrent should STILL work with it if you started fresh...

I found that the error is made by illegal chars in path/file name, it mixed with chinese & japanese chars, so the illegal chars between the chinese chars is unrecognised japanese char and it displayed with "?" for that char so utorrent can't create the file.

I tried your method but still don't work. Do I missed sth?

Archived