Loads twice

BrendanK

Well, it's a minor bug, but it's a bit weird, for some reason every time I start up windows, Utorrent automatically loads up and starts working, but the thing is, it loads twices, creating two seperate utorrent programs running. I generally turn one of them off, which isn't a big hassle, but it is annoying enough that I wanted to see if there was any advice on what could have caused this bit of oddness.

I've been meaning to request that uTorrent at a later release check to see if uTorrent is already running and not to start a second instance. Of course, if uTorrent is running different profiles or executable names then the check wouldn't be done. I've had the same issue Brandank before but I was force re-checking a 90GB torrent which really kills a network drive when you're running two instances by mistake.

Ah, just finally got around to rebooting after disabling all but one instance of Utorrent. Only once the boot up was completed, there were two instances running again. Now after shutting down one, I opened msconfig, and found three disabled utorrent entries and two enabled ones. Which means that either I missed one entry before and only two of the three opened, or somehow a new entry got created after I disabled the extra. I'd reboot to double check, but I'm feeling a little uncertain, besides it's getting late. Still, with four disabled entries in msconfig, I'm wondering about alternative methods of double checking and dealing with this.

You must've disabled the wrong one. Disable all four and it should only make one.

And hermanm, it already does check if there's an instance running (and prevents another one, hence the need for /RECOVER). It won't even let you start with different executable names. However, at startup, there's a special situation where it can sometimes have two started.

Archived