Was connectable but now Im not....

Chaosnz

I had port forwarding set up with no problems until today, when I uninstalled AVG antivirus to install nod32. When I had installed nod32 I ran utorrent and found that I was unconnectable which led me here. Evidently this is fairly common, so I disabled IMON as suggested and tried again... still unconnectable. Ive now completely uninstalled nod32 but utorrent is telling me that its still not fixed. How can I make this alright?

Hey everyone, I'm kind of new to uTorrent but not to torrents in general. I had azureus before and decided to make the switch, but now that I have uTorrent installed, I don't really know if i'm getting the most out of it. The moment after uTorrent was installed it was working relatively well but it seemed like the speed wasnt going as fast as i was used to on Azureus. I decided to read a few online tutorials on how to speed up downloads for uTorrent and after I did a few things here and there in utorrent preferences and my network settings. After i did that, nothing is downloading or uploading at all now. I screwed up so if someone could please help i would greatly appreciate it. I have Kaspersky firewall too and I thought i opened the ports up correctly but then again i am not too network savvy with all the TCP and UDP and HTTP stuff.

What's the measured speed of your connection, both Down AND UP?

(Your ISP may not be giving you what it claims!)

What settings are you using, as shown by Speed Guide (CTRL+G)?

(Speed Guide wants to know your max UPLOAD speed, not download! Plus, there are a lot more settings than just speed shown by that window!)

Have you changed any of µTorrent's advanced settings?

(Some settings changes can crash µTorrent and possibly even your computer as well!)

Have you tried Ultima's Troubleshooting Guide?:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

(LOTS of things to try that may completely fix your problems!)

Archived