Downloading specific files in a torrent

joepatudo

I just recently switched to uTorrent from BitComet, and I love the small footprint.

But with BitComet you could choose which files within a torrent you wanted to download. Immediately after opening a .torrent in BitComet, a popup would appear asking you the destination for the download, download/upload limits for that specific .torrent, etc...

It also had a list of each individual file within the torrent with checkmarks next to each file. If there was a certain file within the torrent that you didn't want to download, all you had to do was uncheck it in the list and it wouldn't be downloaded.

Does uTorrent have this capability yet? If so, how do you choose which files you don't want to be downloaded?

The download speeds are fine. RSS will be coming soon. Hard disk doesn't overload (if you get the overloaded error, read the FAQ). This feature is not a necessity. I don't see where µTorrent sucks.

When I said µTorrent doesn't have the feature, I was talking about the selecting files before you started downloading. You can always select the files you want by selecting the torrent and going to the Files tab, then do your selections there.

...If there was a certain file within the torrent that you didn't want to download, all you had to do was uncheck it in the list and it wouldn't be downloaded.

Does uTorrent have this capability yet? If so, how do you choose which files you don't want to be downloaded?

Yes, this feature exists in µTorrent. Go to the FILES tab (lower pane) then RT. CLICK on the file in question. You can assign that file one of three priorities or choose not to DL it at all.

Archived