Utorrent has ruined my download list (resume.dat)!?

duytrung

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report : 12/05/2007, 19:51:34

Machine name : INTELDUALCORE

Operating System : Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3, v.3180 (2600.xpsp.070718-2058)

Language : English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: INTEL

System Model : D945GNT

Processor : Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory : 512MB RAM

------------------

System Information

------------------

Version used...

+ utorrent-1.8-alpha-6799.uncompressed.exe

+ utorrent-1.8-alpha-6806.uncompressed.exe

Torrent stored in:

C:\Micro

Move finished job into:

C:\Micro\Finished

I manually update the newer version of Utorrent. And all my resume downloads are (X) becaused they can not find the torrent. I've change my the old resume.dat in the archive but it still happened.

It's seems that newer version can not understand/read the resume.dat(@ the folder: %appdata%/utorrent/) of older version.

Please consider this bug.

Thank you.

Unless you saved/backed up the resume.dat nothing can be done about it if it is corrupted.

First, however it seems your data directories were inadvertently changed. If you double click on the right margin of the "Status" column it should auto-expand to fit the message. Where does it say it "cannot load torrent from ...\path\to\file"? Is it a location you recently changed? Does it show some sort of %APPDATA% designation...

More information is needed.

Also, found bugs is not for troubleshooting problems. At the very least searching for "resume.dat" in the forum would have been preferrable to creating a new thread

µTorrent has rarely ever destroyed my resume.dat. The only time that ever happened was with some extremely early, pre-alpha experimental build of 1.8. The current alphas have yet to kill my resume.dat. Without the original resume.dat before it got corrupted, it's almost impossible to track the problem down.

Yes, everytime new versions (alpha/beta/final releases). I always:

1- get the newer version.

2- rename it into "utorrent.exe"

3- back-up older versions

4- copy it into its default folder is: "C:\Program Files\uTorrent"

5- go to its application data folder at "%appdata%/utorrent"

6- back-up all this folder by compressing it into *.rar archive with date+time+version of Utorrent used.

7- then now I run the most current version.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the moment of utorrent runs and exit. I have monitored and found that there is no *.bad file in its appdata folder. I switched back to final version and everything is ok. I didn't change anything (path, ...) except the newer version of utorrent. May be newer version does not compatible with older version?

Firon and I already said that we had no troubles upgrading. Additionally, no one else in the 1.8 alpha thread has mentioned anything about a corrupted resume.dat file due to the upgrade.

Again, if you can reproduce the problem with your resume.dat, then upload it for the devs to check.

Archived