Grr, i know another NAT error post

mcwattersm

Ok i read EVERYTHING, and cant seem to get anything to work, i still have NAT error. I disconected my firewall, virus protecter and ad remover. I read the forwarding website and got realy confused. I thought i did it right but then again i probally thought wrong. I have been trying this for hours and am about to give up and wait 4 weeks for the download to finish. Does ANYONE have any soloution to my problem, i know there has been a million post on this but please. I need help!

I'd like to start another thread on this, but I think I'll just hop on to this thread since there's already a few of them :)

I'm getting the same NAT error as well (using 1.2.3 beta; build 358). I've no problems using Azureus and I get remote connections in Azureus. I'm using the same port in both Az and uT (60000). Thankfully, I'm still able to d/l at a "respectable" speed.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Could it be a UPnP issue with some configurations? I don't quite understand why, but µtorrent won't map ports with UPnP for me (Microsoft MN-500 router), while the other torrent clients I've used (BitTornado, BitComet, Azureus) have all had no problems mapping and unmapping ports. I'm running no firewalls, and manually forwarding the port works fine, but it's odd that µtorrent won't do this properly. This could also explain the behaviour for fulat2k as well, as I believe Azureus unmaps the ports by default on close.

edit: I'd forgotten to mention I'm running XP with SP1

MrGone: That's an interesting piece of info. I'm using Linksys BEFW11S4 router which has the proper ports opened to my PC. I'm using Win2k SP4 instead of WinXP; so I'm very sure that there isn't any firewall installed on it.

Just checked my router settings and the UPnP feature isn't enabled. Will try enabling it once my d/l finishes to see if I still get the error.

Keep you guys updated.

BTW, what does the UPnP feature do anyway? Yes, yes, I'm too lazy to Google it :)

This is probally a stupid question, but when changing your port its in the uT...

Options-Preferneces-Network Options-Listening Port or is it somthing in the computer.

EDIT I think i fix it, i reset µTorrent but there is no error message or a ok message, its been running for about 30 mins. Does it mean its ok?

Heya All,

I'm new to all this torrent stuff so bear with me please. I have the stupid NAT error also. I have forwarded my ports (pretty sure i did it right), and i have windows 2000 so i don't have any firewalls. I know my router has a firewall which i switched off, and it made no difference. Any ideas?

eccs

Archived