msimon1960

• 1 year later...

Hi there!

I am using uTorrent 1.8.1 Build 12639

I have put latest webui.zip into %appdata%/uTorrent

I haven't unzipped it

I am using 47777 as connections port

I am using 47778 as webUI port

I have no adresses restricted (Field shows "*")

I have restarted uTorrent a couple times

I am trying to access webUI from my own pc or other pc's in LAN using my pc's lan IP

http://10.29.14.2:47778/gui

gives me "invalid request" message ass the time

uTorrent's log is clear

so I think

I'm the one challenged for credentials now

P.S. When I ask uTorrent to update itself it says there are no new versions avaliable at the time.. *Dunno*

• 2 months later...

I Can Do Anything With This! The Same Massages Is Invalid Request!

Why Always There Is Problem Here????????// :( :(

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Edit:

everything is going well :) :) :):):):):):) thnaks. is oke GUI!

this is my steep:

1. after DL the WEBUI.zip posting to BitTorrent Folder in your computer but first unzip the file oke

2. restart your BitTorrent (if still running)

3. input your username and password thats BitTorrent send to your email

4. open your own browser (for example: firefox etc) make sure your bwroser is not load any page before oke. and then put your URL (http://your IP:port (that you used same as with your Bittorent port as running (see in connection))/gui

5. will showed in your brower a task windows, asking your username and password. fill it with your own username and password. enter. walla is working:):):)

hope all friend have the same cheer with me, hope it work (is realy work for me) oke

bye see in the time friend

• 1 month later...

Hi, I get 'invalid request' when I go to http://ip:port/gui/. The problem is that I only enabled webui to check it out, setting the port to 80, then I disabled it and restarted utorrent. When I restarted utorrent it started listening on port 80 again, even through webui is disabled.

I can't get it to stop listening on port 80. This is unacceptable. Any ideas?

Hi, I would just like to say I am a IT Professional so you can use as much technical jargon as you want to try and help me with this problem.

I Installed uTorrent onto my web server around a week ago, I then setup the WebUI and enabled the needed ports on my firewall and router, the port I chose for the WebUI was 8181 because I use port 80 and 8080, as its a web server. The server is also connected to a sub-domain on my web site. There were no problems and I was able to access the WebUI remotely. Then about 3 days ago I started getting problems, whenever I visit the WebUI remotely I am greeted with a 'Invalid Request' page. Even when I am on my network and I try to use the WebUI I get the same problem, however if I type in the servers name and then port, there are no problems. This then means there is a problem using the WebUI remotely, the main reason I switched to uTorrent was for this feature.

Reading through this post I have found out that uTorrent creates a log file which I am going to check as soon as I get home, however is this log stored in a text file? Because if so I can read it remotely.

I hope I have provided you with enough information to help and would love to be able to sort this problem. Also if you wish to try and help, give more than one suggestion, so I don't waste time replying that I have tried that already.

This post has all the reasons for an invalid request.

So in the preferences enable the webui and make sure the restricted list is completely empty (if there is something in it it'll block everything except that ip, if it isn't a valid ip it'll simply block everything, there are no wildcards).

Make sure you don't forget or mistype the /gui/ part of the url.

Also if you enabled an alternative webui port make sure you are connecting to that port and not the normal µtorrent port.

Archived