Download order

glyndo

If you have a preferred sorting method for torrents, why not use it as the default? I'm not sure how else you mean... The only thing uT forces is the "#" column, defaulting to the order-added. This of course can be overridden during add by saying "put at top of queue". Also manually editing # using toolbar buttons OR Ctrl-Alt-Up/Down (Ctrl-Up/Down prior to 1.7.5 iirc) is an option. Unless you mean "are there set profiles one can set for viewing". In that case the answer is not at this time.

Edit: After you choose primary and secondary-sort of the Torrents pane, it becomes the "default" until you change it.

What I am referring to is the '#' column; can I alter the settings in utorrent so that it allocates the # number based on the size of the complete torrent instead of the order added? If not, is there a quicker way to manually alter this than selecting each torrent and pressing the up arrow?!!

BTW, thanks for the ctrl+alt+up, so much quicker!

If you're showing #, why not remove it or also show "total size". Then you can sort by that by clicking on the header.

Re: keyboard shortcut... thank Ultima, and his µManual linked below.

As I said the # is essentially a record of the order of insertion into the client. At-load you can change it to the top... Other than that, incrementing/decrementing happens at rate of 1, sure that can happen 20x in a second with repeat rate high on the keyboard.. WOO WOO keyboard shortcuts! Even so with my production list of > 2000 torrents I gave up on the # column entirely and primarily sort based upon "status" -> "added Time" or "ETA"

Archived