Why can't i reach my max speed?? HELP PLEASE

410n5o

hello i have a very confusing problem, i have a 512 connection, so my max speed should be like 52kB/s, but is always between 15-30 kB, i have green light and i selected on my speed guide an upload limit to 22kB and my ports are open, i have two more computers connected to a switch, all with a static ip adress, i don't know if that affect

I tried open office and works really good, it goes directly to 52kB almost all the time

Please i need help!

...sorry for the english

I tried open office and works really good, it goes directly to 52kB almost all the time

This means that you are capable of getting those speeds if the conditions are right. That said, the only things you can do are...

1. Make sure you join torrents with a good mix of seeds and peers. This keeps you from relying on seeds that are spread out too thinly across too many torrents and it helps you avoid swarms that haven't really started to spread very well, yet.

2. Wait about 15 minutes after starting a torrent (or making any kind of adjustment) before looking at the speed. It takes this long for the protocol to find good reciprocating peers for you to pair with.

3. Do not "Force" torrents nor use settings other than those suggested by the Speed Guide. If you violate this suggestion, then you'll cheat your existing swarms of your upload and good peers with only give you minimum attention.

i have a speed problem. i have 6 mb download and its not using it at all. the torrent that im downloading has (1658)seeds and (6120)peers. im only using 10 seeds and 51 peers my download is 50.0 kb and my upload is 26.7 and i have looked at the list of peers there are a lot of peer that are not leting me download and are not uploading. why wont utorrent kick the peers that are not in use and why wont it use the seeds and peers that are there for use. if you can update it so it kicks unused peers or make a search engine in utorrrent so that it grabs the peers that are giving hight speed downloads or some help thank u

I'm saying it's overkill as in "more than necessary". I can maximize my connection( 4Mbit )with only 1 peer, running at theplanet.com Unfortunately it doesn't exist on all swarms. It is user choice to set the connection settings differently than the Speed Guide auto-configures for you. I am recommending cutting it because it is ~ 1 KiBps overhead for EVERY 100 connections in addition to other non-data information exchanged between peers. Wouldn't you rather use that as a buffer for other concurrent internet activity, or to raise your upload throughput 5-10%?

Did you try the OOo torrent? They are situated and on lines which can max a 3 Mbit connection with little effort.

Archived