utorrent is not downloading changed DSL to Cable

DCDSKT

Ok I have been researching this for several days and I have not been successful. I have changed from DSL to Cable, which I am now regretting, and my utorrent does not download at all. I have a Motorola sbv5220 cable/phone modem, which was hard wired for the first few days and it would not download at all, but said Port was forwarded. I have purchased a Belkins Router and have port forwarded, says the port is forwarded, but still no downloading. All it says at the bottom is DHT waiting to Login or 0 Nodes. This is on all of the computers in the house. I have allowed utorrent in windows firewall on all, from previously using it on DSL, I have made no changes to my settings, just the ISP an modem. I can not figure this out. I am hoping that I am missing something simple and stupid but I dont know what it could be. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ok Something that I forgot to write is that both of my brother in laws in different houses use the same modems, an ISP as I do. They are downloading through utorrent with no problems.

If you have your computer registered on your MAC address (shown in start->run->cmd->ipconfig /all) and are now registering as beeing on the router's MAC that is not unexpected. Your router may have the function to "clone MAC" of your computer if you are logged into it, or the alternative would be to call your ISP and ask which MAC is listed and to update it.

Have you followed through the setup guide (3rd link on Guides page) and I'm not sure which part of Ultima's How-To would be applicable here.

To be clear, previous to the router, you had your computer connected directly to the modem and could not get a connection? Do you remember, or can you set it up that way again to see WHICH error messages you see and WHERE?

I did not have an error message that I know of, it just would not download, it is acting like it would when there is a firewall blocking it. Something is blocking my connection somewhere, but I dont know where it can be. I did clone the mac address, an again it is saying my port is forwarded an accepting incoming connections, but there is something blocking it. It is not just utorrent, i have tried bitcommet, an bitlord an bittorrent....all are the same way. I was starting to think it was the modem, but I dont see how that could be if my brother in law uses the exact same modem an settings. This has me completely baffled.

Well to check for firewalls interfering, Login to your modem and see if it provides router (firewall) functionality. If not, then just your router is it, and since that is configured and you connect fine through it, it is possible the ISP is affecting your settings. Are you using a port > 10000 for your traffic?

If you didn't see an error message previously how do you know it "would not download"? Did you get correct tracker status? Were you connecting to peers? How does a test torrent from the How-To (i.e. http:/distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ ) function / work / not work?

Archived