Slow speeds and limited amount of torrents DLing at once

Ontguy02

Well, suddenly in the past couple of weeks or so, my downloading speed has suddenly been limited to about 15 kB/s for download speeds. I've done the speed test, and changed it accordingly, but nothing seems to improve it. I'm also forwarded, as I have the green light to go. I'm not sure what I could do, as I have no idea what the modem is and such don't really have access to it.

I really hope I can get assisstance on this situation.

Speed tests wouldn't change any of your settings hopefully. Bittorrent runs based upon your upload, how much you can put back to the swarm(s) you connect to, and as such that is why on the Speed Guide download speeds are XX. uT doesn't is quite ambivalent about your download speeds.

It is possible your ISP has recently started, or you recently were put on such limitations to shape your traffic "for network stability". There is nothing that can be done at your end if you have already tried changing your port, and forced encryption and disallowing unencrypted connections.

Well, the ISP is uniserve.ca

I haven't really checked the encryption, but I may try forced and see what the results are. I also haven't changed ports. I'm kind of afraid to do so because I've gotten the green circle and for me it's quite difficult to acquire it. Though I may try it and see what happens.

edit: just changed encryption to 'forced'. I'll see what that does.

Archived