utorrent speed

Mike1234

If you want to remove your settings you need to know one thing: Are you running a default install? I would recommend backing up your current settings, incase you want to revert to them. The files you want to change/remove are settings.dat and settings.dat.old. They can be found at %APPDATA%\utorrent or the local directory of the exe you run.

What specifically did you change? The primary place people go about configuring their client incorrectly is in setting upload limits (bittorrent barfs everything else when run as unlimited, and if you set it too low you don't get download speeds).

i changed the settings to what that guy said from youtube to make it faster, i just did exactly what he said and now the torrents just completely stopped downloading. The speed test doesnt seem to work either, everytime i go to it it says test error please try starting test flash again. I heard someone else say this too (Delete settings.dat and settings.dat.old from %AppData%\uTorrent) but what the heck does that mean

That didnt work. All my downloads have stopped when i changed the settings and now i cant get back to the default settings. The speed test doesnt work either because evertime i try to do it, it says error or something, i should of left the darn settings the way they were

Archived