problem setting download destination folder

laijieming

Hi,

I've recently wanted to try out switching from Azureus to Utorrent, but after I downloaded utorrent and installed it, I ran into a problem. I'm currently using Windows Vista. When trying to set the default download directory, utorrent only offers me the option of downloading to folders on the desktop, and won't let me navigate to other folders on my computer. Has anyone else encountered this issue?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem! Also running Vista. I like utorrent and would rather use it, but this is an irritating issue. I've tried making shortcuts to folders on my harddrive hoping uTorrent would see those, but to no avail. It only brings up folders that are actually on the desktop. Doesn't even include the My Computer link or anything.. please help! I'm guessing it's a Vista problem because I don't have this issue with my xp computer.

You can always type in the destination, thats the way around it I guess... but still, who wants to do that? That's why I'm using Vista in the first place.... no more command lines :P right?

Why doesn't using the "..." Browse button work? You use that dialog to set the default download location. If indeed this is a vista problem I'd wait for the new dialog to be implemented (My you made 3 posts in 3 related topics so I can tell this is important for you) and report back either in the other thread or the 1.8 in-development thread once the devs give some indication this should be "fixed". :D Thanks for the info.

Archived