Norwegian translation

Hi :)

I registered on this forum solely because of the horrible, horrible norwegian translation.

Common, you have got to be kidding me? Generellt? Køing? "Opplastings Begrensing" ? wtf?

Please, how may we help towards a better translation? :/

-Vidde

• 1 year later...

Er de som oversetter uTorrent til norsk fortsatt aktive?

Det er en del feil igjen. For eksempel er det noe kluss med hvilemodus/ventemodus kontra standby/hibernate.

Hibernate tilsvarer dvalemodus på norsk, ikke hvilemodus. Standby betyr hvilemodus.

Hibernate/dvalemodus: PCen lagrer informasjon om hva som er i RAMen på harddisken, og slår av pcen helt.

Standby/hvilemodus: PCen slår av alt utenom RAMen.

Enkelt forklart.

__

In addition there is _a lot_ of more mistakes. Are you still translating? :|

• 2 years later...

yslandro wrote:

«Could someone please update the name of the translation from "Norwegian" to "Norwegian (Bokmål)"? It is quite annoying to see Bokmål (or Nynorsk for that matter) claim to be "Norwegian". There _are_ two Norwegian languages. Please let the name of the translation reflect this fact.»

I fully agree with yslandro that Norwegian should be renamed to Norwegian (Bokmål).

I've just finished the Norwegian Bokmål translation, and it should be 100%.

But there's a need for feedback. It isn't always easy to do a correct translation when I don't see the text where it belongs. So please give some feedback.

What word/sentence, where is it, and what is your suggestion. :)

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

I want a better translation for uTorrent, the norwegian here sucks atm.

90% is translated and 10% of the translated parts doesnt even match. Like pieces is actually peers, peers is logs, logs is general information. So someone needs to update it.

The word ''Opplasta'' isnt proper norwegian, its ''Opplastet'', if we want slang or different word dont dont translate!

@Nepturion:

Thanks for your feedback. I'v just corrected it. :)

When translating with the uTorrent translation system, I sometimes get words or sentences that could be translated to several things. Therefor I need feedback, like yours. :)

The word "Opplasta" didn't get right because my first translation was done by downloading the nynorsk translation, and edited in notepad, before I mailed the text file to the uTorrent team. ;)

• 1 month later...

A few grammatical errors: (I joined this forum for the sole purpose of clearing this up)

English version:

Preferences->Transfer Cap->reset history

Norwegian version:

Preferanser->Ovderføringslås->Nylig historikk

-"Ovderføringslås" should be spelled "overføringslås" (no "d")

-"Nylig historikk" is very wrong; it's norwegian for "recent history", not "reset history". A correct norwegian alternative is "nullstill historikk" (reset of nullify history) or "tilbakestill historikk" (technically, this means "obtain previous history", but it can work)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why havent you guys fixed the translation for Start?

Its fucking annoying that it hasnt been changed yet...

imgcmh.jpg

Stop = Start !!!!

If i could have found a program to read the .lng then i would have changed it my self...

And also utorrentyw.jpg

Logger with red marker around it should be named ¨Informasjon¨ or ¨Generelt¨.

• 9 months later...
Why havent you guys fixed the translation for Start?

Its fucking annoying that it hasnt been changed yet...

imgcmh.jpg

Stop = Start !!!!

If i could have found a program to read the .lng then i would have changed it my self...

And also utorrentyw.jpg

Logger with red marker around it should be named ¨Informasjon¨ or ¨Generelt¨.

Sorry for the late answer. And WAY too late!!

Now I believe that it's fixed. Both "Stop/Start" and "Informasjon (Info)"

To view (and edit) a .lng file you can simply use notepad.

Archived