same problem as many and maybe further twists

frustratedgirl

so since updating to 1.7.6 i too have had nothing but troubles. all my arrows are red(though they start blue briefly) and nothing dowloads. in the seeds column there are numbers but they are in brackets and the seed showing number is always 0 for each torrent. further, when i click on "update" just for fun it says can't connect to update server. also, now some of my torrents that were downloading before have disappeared from my list! (and when i click on the saved torrent file, it says the torrent is already in my list,though it doesnt appear there!). its a wireless connection im using, my ports are correctly forwarded and i have re-opened all my firewall and windows etc permissions (i have mcafee). Any thoughts on how to make this nightmare end? thank you immensely. :)

That happened to me too. In my case all my forwarded ports were wiped out. I re forwarded them and they began to work.Even if you re-forward them, they get wiped out again when you restart or shutdown the computer.I dont know why.So, you got to keep forwarding ports everytime. But still your best bet would be to go back to 1.7.5 or try 1.8 beta. its better!

I can help with some of the problems direct, others you need to go through the steps in the How-To to make sure nothing is FUBAR.

Torrents you have added but can't see are probably not Active. If you press F7 (Category pane shortcut) you see all the categories. I bet you're selecting "Active". The torrents you want are either under Inactive or Downloading. Alternatively, select "ALL" to see all your loaded torrents to keep from confusion in the future. By red arrow what tracker status are you seeing? Port forwarding shouldn't disappear, as uT has no control over it unless you use UPnP or NAT-PMP. While I concur trying 1.8 is a good bet if you also suffer from shaping profiles, 1.7.5 is not recommended due to the remote crash (the reason for the upgrade). Also be advised my post gives lots of ideas on isolating a problem when you have noticed this problem directly after upgrading. Could you follow the guides as best you can, and include steps you DID up to what you couldn't do for the next post?

Archived