Connection limited after 15 seconds

espizh

Hello all, and thank you for reading this!!

I have a very weird problem I've never had before! When I turn my computer on, and restart the modem, I go to test.dondevoy.com and perform a speed test, and the result shows I have a 6mb broadband connection. When I turn Utorrent on (or emule, etc), the speed drops down to just half megabyte. The browsing is super slow, and utorrent won't download any faster than 50kb/s approx.

Any Idea what could be causing this? The ports are open and everything.

Many thanks!!!!!!!!

Just because your ISP tells you you've got 6Mbit down doesn't mean they LET you have that much down. If a speedtest tells you you get 6Mbit good. That means HTTP traffic is probably not shaped. However due to its open spec, bittorrent is only the latest protocol to get the axe. Can I suggest trying the in-development 1.8 from the Announcements self-encapsulated to see if the new workarounds for shaping profiles work? If you are experiencing other internet lag while using uT, you want to make sure you're not overloading your connection. Did you use the setup guide (Guides page, link #3) and set your Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) settings according to your upload?

I don't know what to do anymore! I've updated my linksys modem with the DD-WRT frimware which is supossed to be better! I've checked the connection speed on utorrent settings and everything is fine. I do not know what to do anymore!

It is automatic. I open utorrent, the speed goes than from 6mb to 1/2mb

I dont think it's the ISP, cos I have a different flat 40km from here with the same ISP and utorrent downloads at 650kb/s! while in here, I can only download at a maximum of 50 or 60! Plus now that I have updated the firmware to DD-WRT , there is no way I can get the ports open :S

-----------------------------

Update: Everytime I restore the factory defaults om my wrt54gl router the speed goes back to 6mb. Until I open utorrent. Any Idea what it could bE??

Please helpppppppppppp

thanks

Archived