Please help me can't stop utorrent form messing up my internet

44diesel

Hi,

have used utorrent int he past and it has been great. But now it is making my internet connection cut out for 15 to 20 seconds every 3 mins or so. I am using a wirelless router adn my roomate is seriously on my case please help me solve this issue so I can get some peace.

Details are this I had prvious veersions or utrorent and no problems. now using latest version installed yesterday, and a belkin wireless router f5d 8233 - 4v3 internet connectino keeps cutting out every 3 mins or so for 15 to 20 secs what is going wrong. this only happens when utorrent is running. how can i fix it?

any help is greatly appreciated

cheers

Turn down your settings. Have you gone through the How-To? Post #2 lists steps which may need to be taken. Unfortunately when you are configured correctly DHT puts more load on your hardware. Additionally you can't have the same settings while on wireless that you'd had on wired connections. In most cases cutting the connection in half is a must from the standard Speed Guide settings. :/ Belkin isn't known for high-quality hardware, and the wifi plus filesharing is a cause for disaster.

Archived