Bug in uTorrent 1.8 Beta

Alden

Here the case: I have uTorrent installed in a USB external drive, using letter "I:" in the Windows system for accessing this one. One day this letter changes to "E:", when I start uTorrent it's not able to locate the download folders and all status files are "Error..." Ok, I close uTorrent and change the logical letter in the Windows logical drives tool to "I:". When I start again uTorrent now it can found correctly the download folders, and it starts to check the files.

But I see a problem. The selected size of download files are wrong, now all them have changed to 100% of the source file size (so now in uTorrent size = selected size). This means, for example, if from a torrent file of 12 Gb I selected to download only 1 Gb, now uTorrent shows that I want to download the whole 12 Gb, which is wrong evidently. uTorrent has lost the selected download configuration for each file.

So now I have to remove all downloading files, search again them in trackers and select to download again...

What I say is "don't download" flag status has been lost in all files, this is the issue.

I am checking the Files tab for some torrent files and I see how now all the files which belong to these torrents have normal priority set when it should have some files with skip priority (don't download).

So I think that's the bug, uTorrent loses the "don't download" (skip) flag for files into torrents when download torrent files become temporarily unavailable.

many trackers don't allow "beta" clients, that is clients which send "beta" parameter in the client, as 1.8 does. 1.8 isn't even beta yet at this time, but there is no nomenclature for "alpha". Perhaps the tracker is rejecting the client since it is beta? or it does not return from the list of "allowed" aka whitelisted clients?

Archived