Question about Search Box

mountain

I try to enter an item to search for in the search box which is right next to the magnifying glass, and that option is not work. I highligh isohunt or one of the other options, and it won't pull anything up. It's just dead. Any suggestions? I checked to disable firewall, and it's disabled.

If you don't have search engines there, that's the problem. You must press Enter with the search box highlighted. Clicking on the button doesn't do anything by itself, so you need to press Enter, and it will launch the default browser according to windows settings. I don't know what else it could be unless you have some sort of program interception going on... Perhaps something with Vista or maybe even DEP?

Somewhat related...

I'm using uTorrent version 1.7.7. My Windows Vista system DEFAULT browser is MSIE. MSIE remains default for easier system updates, etc. But I prefer the uTorrent search engines blank to direct Torrent searches via the Firefox browser (also installed on my system). Firefox presents less of a security risk IMHO, and blocks malicious scripts used by some search engine sites. Is there a way to change which browser uTorrent connects to, without changing my system's default browser?

Nope. MSIE doesn't make anything easier for system updates on Vista... All it does is point you to the Control Panel applet from the Tools menu, which you can simply make a shortcut for anyhow. That's easier/safer/better/whatever than keeping MSIE *shivers* as default.

Archived