uTorrent is Inactive!

Mongoosem

Depends what happened in that timeframe. You may be blocking that IP beacuse of a blocklist/filtering software. It may be blocking you because you are listed on a "BAD" IP address. You may be announcing too fast. Does this happen on all torrents? What about OpenOffice from The Setup Guide and How-To? The swarm @ http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ is always working so if it happens there something changed at your end. If you need further assistance please advise below what you've already tried from the how-to and specific questions you have regarding the steps.

I have a similar problem. I tried openoffice and it says that connection closed by peer. others i've tried say no connection machine refused... Now I don't know about other people but if I go to the help check for updates it tells me "Unable to Contact uTorrent Update Server" I am using campus access but it was working a couple weeks ago, then I decided to take a two week break and now this. Can't get any connection of any kind.

have you tried rotating ports? are you using a common port for another program? You may be completely blocked due to not using encryption... Please go through the How-To and in your response list what you tried and didn't or was stuck on. :/ I go through a rather thorough methodology in my post ... note if you're on campus you can ignore the part about forwarding. More than likely you're cut off. just concentrate on the places behind the ISP P.O.P. where you can configure things...

my problem is similar.. uT was working last nite but today in the morn was written 'invalid uT file' after half an hour tried again, but now it doesn't even say that anymore, nothing works. like it's complety dead. i'm quite new here so please help me with anykind of info.

thanx :/

Archived