Question. Creating a torrent in US but seed it in Europe.

Salix23

I have a very important question:

Computer A: Location US

Computer B: Location Europe

I am creating a torrent from the following files on Computer A:

- The Godfather.avi

- The Godfather.nfo

I have created the torrent in the US and starting to seed till lets say 67%, now I have to go back to Europe to home. (I already had the same files on my computer in Europe (home), so I created copies of them and I went to US and created the torrents there and began seeding it, till 67% like i said).

Now I am back home in Europe and of course I want to seed it till 100% but I am not in the US anymore. At home I am putting the files in the directory 'Downloads' and I open the .torrent file that I saved and brought from US to home with µTorrent and I begin seeding it again, with recheck it of course says 100%, seeding and the peers are back again, just the same as they were at 67% and below.

My question is, even if I didnt create the .torrent file at home, but they contain the same files (avi+nfo), will it still seed with no problems? (same torrent, same files, BUT not the original files, just the copies)

Thanks.

Another question, What about if I put accidently a .srt file into the godfather map together with the godfather.avi and godfather.nfo and I start seeding it for about 20 minutes. After that I realized that there is a .srt file inside and I remove it.. Would the movie be corrupted? Thanks..

The torrent would not show up as 100% anymore... Windows doesn't allow duplicate filenames (even with different capitalizations) so it would fall under the "changed/become corrupted" idea as before. If you MAKE the torrent, with certain files, and then remove ANY one of them from your copy you're no longer a seeder. This is represented (after deleting the file) if you STOP, right click, force recheck. The individual AVI isn't corrupted but the torrent which you're seeding is no longer complete so you'll have to connect to someone ELSE who has that file to become a seed again.

What I mean is that I created the torrent with only the two files: .avi and .nfo. Later I was going to watch the movie and put a .srt file in the folder, but when i started to seed I forgot to delete the .srt file and it was seeding for about a half hour, should i leave the .srt file in the folder or should I remove it.. Thats what i ment.

Archived